By Jill Jacobs
I’m often asked about what in the world to eat after a strength training session. I covered that HERE but wanted to share with you EXACTLY what I eat post-workout most days.
It’s soooo yummy, so I encourage you to give it a try!
My Go-To Chocolate Banana Protein Shake
For a voluminous shake use a large blender.
- 1/2 to 1 cup ice or more if you prefer
- 1 cup water
- Unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- Stevia to taste
- 1-2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder (I use this one – Dutch Chocolate MOM FUEL)
- 1/2 – 1 small to medium banana (frozen is nice but fresh is great, too)
- More chocolate-y option: 1 or more Tbsp of cocoa and 2 additional packets of stevia or Truvia
- Optional: A scoop of Barlean’s Chocolate Silk Greens Powder (so healthy!)
- Optional: 1/8 tsp xantham gum (thickens and keeps it mixed when you aren’t drinking the shake right away)
- Optional: a handful of spinach that I PROMISE you won’t taste
First, I add the water and ice to the blender. Next, I add the rest of the ingredients saving the almond milk (unsweetened/plain) for last. Blend until smooth. ENJOY! (THIS is the blender system I use. LOVE IT!)
I LOVE this healthy “milkshake”!
I get 2 full glasses like the one in the photo of my chocolate banana protein shake using a large blender with lots of water and ice. It takes me a while to eat it and keeps me full for about 3 hours. I rarely stray from this recipe because it’s so delicious. When I use another recipe, I miss this one so much that I’m tempted to have a 2nd shake later for my snack. Haha!
Do you drink post workout shakes? If so, what’s your favorite combination? Let me know below! I love finding new recipes to try.